Understanding NSF International Certification
NSF International is the leading accredited third-party certifier of dietary supplements, functional foods and dietary supplement raw ingredients (ANSI-Accredited Product Certification Body – Accreditation #0216). NSF Interna- tional is an independent, not-for-profit public health organization that certifies products and writes standards for food, water and consumer goods. NSF has a 65-year history of protecting public health, safety and environment worldwide.
Certified supplements must meet rigorous standards that include comprehensive lab testing and extensive evaluation of the manufacturing process to ensure contaminated substances or hidden ingredients are not added to a product.
For more information on certification and requirements, visit nsf.org.
The 3 Step System for NSF International Product Certification
NSF International product certification involves three different steps. At Bodylogix we have achieved NSF GMP Registration for our facility and NSF Contents Tested and Certified product certification for all of our products. For competitive or professional athletes, select Bodylogix® products are available that have been certified NSF Certified for Sport®.
NSF International’s Dietary Supplement Certification requires the following steps:
When you purchase an NSF Contents Tested & Certified product from Bodylogix, you can trust:
- It has been produced in a facility that is GMP registered. Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP & cGMP) means honest and accountable manufacturing with regular, and unannounced, on-site inspections of our manufactur- ing compliance.
- It has been tested to verify label claims. Tested to be sure the ingredients listed on the package are actually in the product, which provides assurance of your supplements’ quality, potency and safety.
- Every product is regularly verified for potency and purity. Random re-testing ensures when you purchase a product that claims to be made with quality ingredients, it is. Every single time.
When you purchast an NSF Certified for Sport® product from Bodylogix, you can trust:
- That products do not contain any of approximately 270+ substances banned by major athletic organizations.
- That the contents of the supplement have been verified and match what is printed on the label.
- That there are no unsafe levels of contaminants or fraudulent ingredients.
- That the product is manufactured at a NSF International GMP Registered facility that is audited twice annually for quality and safety.
- That its contents are being regularly checked by one of the most respected certifiers in the world.
The NSF Certified for Sport® certification program helps athletes, coaches and trainers make more informed decisions when choosing sports supplements. The program is recognized by the NFL, NFL Players Association, MLB, MLB Players Association, PGA, LPGA and Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sports.
When it comes to quality and safety certifications for public health protection, NSF International is the gold standard. In the world of sports nutrition, where not all supplements are created equally, nor are all manufacturers held to the same standards as other industries, we at Bodylogix® voluntarily opted to pursue NSF International’s Contents Tested & Certified product certification.
NSF International product certification is the gold standard and an investment in quality that requires continued maintenance and as well annual facility audits and lot-by-lot testing. If for any reason a product fails to meet one or more certification criteria, NSF will take enforcement actions to protect consumers, including product recall, public notification, or de-certification.
This commitment to quality and safety not only protects our Bodylogix® consumers, it’s how we do business.