Understanding NSF International Product Certification
When it comes to quality and safety certifications for public health protection, NSF International is the gold standard. In the world of sports nutrition, where not all supplements are created equally, nor are all manufacturers held to the same standards as other industries, we at Bodylogix® voluntarily opted to pursue NSF International’s Contents Tested & Certified product certification.
NSF International is the leading accredited third-party certifier of dietary supplements, functional foods and dietary supplement raw ingredients (ANSI-Accredited Product Certification Body – Accreditation #0216).
Certified supplements must meet rigorous standards that include comprehensive lab testing and extensive evaluation of the manufacturing process to ensure contaminated substances or hidden ingredients are not added to a product.
When you purchase an NSF Contents Tested & Certified product from Bodylogix®, you can trust:
When you purchase a NSF Certified product from Bodylogix®, you can trust:
1. It has been produced in a facility that is GMP registered. Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP & cGMP) means honest and accountable manufacturing with regular, and unannounced, on-site inspections of our manufacturing compliance.
2. It has been tested to verify label claims. Tested to be sure the ingredients listed on the package are actually in the product, which provides assurance of your supplements’ quality, potency and safety.
3. Every product is regularly verified for potency and purity. Random re-testing ensures when you purchase a product that claims to be made with quality ingredients, it is. Every single time.
NSF International product certification is the gold standard and an investment in quality that requires continued maintenance and as well annual facility audits and lot by lot testing. If for any reason a product fails to meet one or more certification criteria, NSF will take enforcement actions to protect consumers, including product recall, public notification, or de-certification.
This commitment to quality and safety not only protects our Bodylogix® consumers, it’s how we do business.
The 3 Step System for NSF International Product Certification
NSF International product certification involves three different steps. At Bodylogix® we have achieved NSF GMP Registration for our facility and NSF Contents Tested and Certified product certification for all of our products. For competitive or professional athletes, select Bodylogix® products are available that have been certified NSF Certified for Sport®. The NSF Certified for Sport® certification program helps athletes, coaches and trainers make more informed decisions when choosing sports supplements. The program is recognized by the NFL, NFL Players Association, MLB, MLB Players Association, PGA, LPGA and Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sports.
NSF International’s Dietary Supplement Certification requires the following steps:
NSF International GMP Registration
Verifies that the product is manufactured in a facility that is audited twice annually for quality and safety in compliance with Federal Regulations for Dietary Supplements Good Manufacturing Practices. No mark allowed on product labels.
NSF International Contents Tested and Certified certification
Once Step 1 is complete, all product contents are tested for quality, safety and label claim. Verified to contain no unsafe levels of contaminants. NSF Contents Tested & Certified mark allowed on product labels.
NSF International Certified for Sport® certification
Once Steps 1 and 2 are completed, all lots of product are then tested to ensure they are free from more than 270 banned substances. At this point, The NSF Certified for Sport® mark can be shown on the product label.
NSF International’s Certified for Sport® Program
There are numerous quality components of the NSF International Dietary Supplements Certified for Sport® Certification Program:
- Confirm that products do not contain any of approximately 270+ substances banned by major athletic organizations.
- Verify that the contents of the supplement actually match what is printed on the label
- Verify that there are no unsafe levels of contaminants in the tested products
- Verify that the product is manufactured at a NSF International GMP Registered facility that is audited twice annually for quality and safety.
- If you use a dietary supplement certified by NSF International’s Certified for Sport® Program, you can be confident that its contents are being regularly checked by one of the most respected certifiers in the world.
- With so many choices on the market, it pays to be cautious. Do your research and look for the NSF Certified for Sport® mark on products.
NSF International’s Certified for Sport® SETS THE BAR in SPORTS NUTRITION
Today, athletes are more educated about nutritional products and demand reputable, third-party tested products they can trust. NSF International’s Certified for Sport® certification helps athletes, coaches and trainers make more informed decisions when choosing sports supplements. The program is recognized by the NFL, NFL Players Association, MLB, MLB Players Association, PGA, LPGA and Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sports.
NSF International is an independent, not-for-profit public health organization that certifies products and writes standards for food, water and consumer goods. NSF has a 65-year history of protecting public health, safety and environment worldwide.
Confidently purchase products that are exactly what you expect them to be. Choose NSF, the world leader in quality certification.
For more information on certification and the requirements, visit nsf.org