2 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 stock celery, chopped
1 butternut squash, washed, peeled, de-seeded and cut into small cubes
6 cups gluten free vegetable or chicken stock (choose low sodium or use homemade)
1/2 tsp. true cinnamon
1 tbsp. mild yellow curry powder (optional)
1 large fresh sprig of rosemary
1 tsp. sea or Himalayan salt
1 tsp. pepper
gluten free croutons
roasted seasoned chickpeas
full fat organic cream or creme
1. In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
2. Add carrots, squash, spices, stock of choice and rosemary sprig. Bring to a light boil and simmer with a lid covered until the vegetables are fork tender.
3. Turn off heat and take out the rosemary sprig. Let cool.
4. Blend with an immersion blender or poor soup into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Once soup is smooth, it is ready to eat or store for later. You can store it in freezer/fridge safe glassware.
6. Enjoy any topping but we like to add some gluten free croutons and a drizzle of olive oil.
Per serving: 2.2 g protein; 206 calories; 7.8 g fat; 32.2 g carbs; 15.7 g sugar.