|2 tbsp||ghee or coconut oil|
|1 large||onion, chopped|
|2 large||carrots, chopped|
|3 cloves||garlic finely chopped|
|1 stock||celery, chopped|
|1||butternut squash, washed, peeled, de-seeded and cut into small cubes|
|6 cups||gluten free vegetable or chicken stock (choose low-sodium or use homemade)|
|1/2 tsp||true cinnamon|
|1 tbsp||mild yellow curry powder (optional)|
|1||large fresh sprig of rosemary|
|1 tsp||sea or Himalayan salt|
|gluten free croutons|
|roasted seasoned chickpeas|
|full fat organic cream or creme|
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add carrots, squash, spices, stock of choice and rosemary sprig. Bring to a light boil and simmer with a lid covered until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Turn off heat and take out the rosemary sprig. Let cool
- Blend with an immersion blender or poor soup into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once soup is smooth, it is ready to eat or store for later. You can store it in freezer/fridge safe glassware.
- Enjoy any topping but we like to add some gluten free croutons and a drizzle of olive oil.